How long should I have held my license for?

Here you will find some facts, hints and more information about car hire and travel in general.

Moderator: BogdanO

Matt Carter

How long should I have held my license for?

Postby Matt Carter » 01 Aug 2014, 17:12

The answer to this question is yes you can for sure hire an automatic vehicle (here in the UK - there is a slight premium to pay vs some other countries where the majority of vehicles produced are automatic) so of course from that perspective of course the manual would always be the way to go.

Re the experience, the minimum across the board with all suppliers is 12 months.

Question:
I have recently passed my test ( automatic only ) . First question is it possible to hire from yourselves only with an automatic licence and then how long is the duration of time before I am allowed to hire a car from yourselves.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the below.
Yes is the answer to the first question regarding the automatic vehicle, you are required however to have held your drivers license for a minimum of 12 months.

By the sounds of it we cannot help you, but perhaps we can in the future.

Kind regards,
Matt
Indigo car hire
0113 2899 281

Matt Carter

Re: How long should I have held my license for?

Postby Matt Carter » 28 Sep 2014, 10:15

Another one in today as per the below, some locations (the UK not been one of them) only require the driver to have held their license for 1 days plus, however must must admit those locations are but a few :-)

*******************************************************************************************************

Thanks for the below.

Yes in the UK the minimum experience required is 12 months, in other countries this can differ, does this rule you out at the moment? If so perhaps we can help in the future.

Kind regards,

Matt
Indigo car hire
0113 2899 281

Question:
How long do I have to have held a licence for before a can rent a car

Return to “Did You Know?”