COUNTERFOIL DRIVING LICENCE

Some of the most common problems when hiring a car are related to having the correct identification. This is place to ask any questions related to this.

Moderator: BogdanO

Rob Gillespie

COUNTERFOIL DRIVING LICENCE

Postby Rob Gillespie » 07 May 2014, 04:14

Just had this interesting question from a customer in Spain..

Hi, I am in Spain and need to get beck to UK for a funeral. I have my driving licence with me but the paper part is in storage in the uk. Can I hire a car without the counter foil?

any ideas?

Cheers

Matt Carter

Re: COUNTERFOIL DRIVING LICENCE

Postby Matt Carter » 07 May 2014, 04:14

Hi there,
That is not a problem at all. When you arrive to collect the car you can do a DVLA check when you arrive. This is just to check that the driver does not have any endorsements or points on the licence which may prevent the driver hiring the vehicle.

The DVLA has limited opening times so if your flight is out of these times you may not be able to do the DVLA check but of course if it is within the below opening times then you will have no problem.

Monday – Friday: 08.00 – 19.00
Saturday: 08.00 – 14.00
Sunday: Closed

There can be an additional charge of between £5 – £10 to do the DVLA check as the rental provider will have to call a premium rate number to ensure that the driver is an eligible driver.

If you need any further advice on this matter then please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to help!

Many Thanks

Return to “Identification”