Debit card and low deposit - double whammy!

Got a question about how deposits work when hiring a car. Ask in this section.

Moderator: BogdanO

Matt Carter

Debit card and low deposit - double whammy!

Postby Matt Carter » 13 Jun 2014, 14:07

It is a little tricky to hire a car in Italy with a debit card, but for sure it is do able with ourselves, deposit and excesses in Italy tend to be pretty high, based on the countries high accident / theft rate, this can of course be covered in a variety of ways, and for sure there is a way of having a reduced deposit, it just means the options can be a little limited - and of course it also depends on what the person terms to be a high deposit :D

We are Australians (living in America) traveling to Italy next month for our 20th anniversary and don't have a credit card! I noticed that you accept debit cards and also low deposits. We will be flying in and out of Fiumicino Airport in Rome and would want a small car from x. Could you please tell me what you would have available and what the rates would be?

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thanks for the below and I hope we can help you.
We can help with hiring a car with a debit card for sure as long as the driver has a visa or master card with raised up / embossed numbers, no electron, solo or maestro.
We also can obtain the lowest deposit going, but sometimes in some locations it can be tricky to get a combination of the 2, although I suppose it all depends on what your idea of low and high is :-)
If you could please provide the time of collection and of return we can then for sure provide the best options out there.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Indigo Ann-Marie

Re: Debit card and low deposit - double whammy!

Postby Indigo Ann-Marie » 13 Jun 2014, 14:26

Also, we can do this in France as well at Nice Airport.

We've recently found a supplier there who can accept a debit card, and have a pretty low deposit of just 250-350 euros depending on the size of vehicle, even if it's a 7 seater. Usually the full excess would be blocked on a credit card, that can range from 500 to 1500 euros, so definitely a good find for both ourselves, and our many customers!

Return to “Deposits”