CAR HIRE IN ICELAND – OVER 75'S

This is the place to ask questions about if you are concerned that your age may be a problem when trying to hire a car.

Moderator: BogdanO

Matt Carter

CAR HIRE IN ICELAND – OVER 75'S

Postby Matt Carter » 07 May 2014, 03:43

Interesting question in today – can we help?

Good day, I have been told that you may be able to help me with car hire advise.
I am thinking of visiting Reykjavik in Iceland and hiring a car whilst there but I am told that the maximum age for this is 70.
Being in my 77 th year and having held a clean licence for 60 years, and as an ex professional driver ( Buses and Lorries ) you can imagine that this annoys me. Do you have any knowledge of any company that would hire a car to me in that area please? Thank you

*** Update please find link to page which provides more information surrounding this subject ***

http://indigocarhire.co.uk/iceland-car-hire/

Matthew McCorry

Re: CAR HIRE IN ICELAND – OVER 75'S

Postby Matthew McCorry » 07 May 2014, 03:43

We realise how irritating it can be in this situation, senior drivers are treated in a similar way to young drivers which just isn’t right.

Senior drivers tend to have far more experience than that of younger drivers, especially with your situation being 60 years of driving experience and ex professional driver, your definitely an experienced driver.

In Reykjavik there are several suppliers that limit the age to either 70 or 75, however there is a company that we work with which will allow for our customers to hire no matter their age – well given that they are over 21, but in this case I don’t think that’s an issue. There is no extra cost involved with this at all.

So to answer your question, you can book with us as we can accept senior drivers.

Return to “Age Restrictions”