PAYING WITH A BUSINESS DEBIT CARD

If you have any questions about the options available to you when hiring a car then this is the place to post.

Moderator: BogdanO

Matt Carter

PAYING WITH A BUSINESS DEBIT CARD

Postby Matt Carter » 07 May 2014, 21:43

Paying for your rental vehicle with a debit card is easy enough as we have covered extensively on our website, presenting that debit card when at the rental counter is possible, but people are limited as to who they can use, which is of course where we come in. Using a debit card that is your but does not display your name takes it down another level, in the sense that this is difficult, really difficult.

You can in circumstances present proof of the fact that the card belongs to you, even in spite of the fact that it does not display your name, which is in the vast majority of circumstances a letter from your bank. Below is a little taster of the type of dialogue we have with people whom experience this issue.

**We have come across this situation on a few occasions, many Canadian and Malaysian bank cards don’t carry the name of the account holder and your situation kind of falls into the same category, in this scenario the branch requires a letter to tie the hirer and the card together, a bank statement / card statement usually.
When is comes to Spain and especially when dealing with the Spanish rental companies some of their polices are a little grey and whilst you would more than likely be okay it is not something we as a company could confirm to you 100% – I appreciate you need more than a ‘is should be alright’
We can attempt to speak with the location to see if proof of the card connection would be acceptable, I wont provide a quote at this stage until we find out if it is possible.
We will respond at some point early next week with what I hope will be a yes we can help **

**That’s grand thanks for all your help. I don’t know what i will do we only have the business bank account. I never had this problem before hiring a car in any other country.
Only when i tried to book one this time in Spain like there is no problem me leaving a cash sum as a deposit until I return the car.
My wife has a visa money card but her name isn’t on it or it hasn’t raised up numbers on it but it works on purchases online. She uses it all the time.
Very difficult to travel with 5 kids without a car really not looking forward to the holiday now.
Thanks for you help Matt **

**Thanks for that, I am afraid that strictly speaking does not work I am afraid, it is a shame as there is a good chance you would be fine, but obviously you cant take the chance, and we of course need to tell it based on the rules.
So yes afraid we cant help unless the card displays the drivers name on it.
Very sorry about that**

Rob Gillespie

Re: PAYING WITH A BUSINESS DEBIT CARD

Postby Rob Gillespie » 14 May 2014, 15:38

Something that comes up quite a lot this one, especially if the company isnt large enough for a credit account with a supplier. More information on this here -http://indigocarhire.co.uk/blog/indigo-offers/paying-business-debit-card/

Matt Carter

Re: PAYING WITH A BUSINESS DEBIT CARD

Postby Matt Carter » 15 May 2014, 11:29

Rob - we managed to get the customer sorted out here so all good - but very useful information never the less - heres to helping more customers ;)

Return to “Payment Methods”