BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER NOT SHOWN ON DEBIT CARD

If you have any questions about the options available to you when hiring a car then this is the place to post.

Moderator: BogdanO

Rob Selby

BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER NOT SHOWN ON DEBIT CARD

Postby Rob Selby » 07 May 2014, 21:34

We had a very interesting and perplexing question today about debit cards.

The question was, “I have a Visa Debit Card with Nat West and the numbers are embossed but there is not any account number on the card – would this prevent me from hiring a vehicle?”

It transpired that over the past few months a lot of the banks have changed over and started removing the account numbers and sort codes from their credit and debit cards for security purposes. This has caused a lot of problems for a few people as not everyone has good memories and can forget their details when making an online transaction for example.

The two main banks which have started removing their account numbers from the payment cards include Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest.

After doing some checks I managed to establish a quote for this client.

if you have any queries about your debit cards it is always worth giving us a call or researching a little further by clicking the below link:

http://indigocarhire.co.uk/faq/debit-card/

Rob Gillespie

Re: BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER NOT SHOWN ON DEBIT CARD

Postby Rob Gillespie » 07 May 2014, 21:35

Great that you managed to get a quote Rob, but are there suppliers that accept debit cards that will not accept one without the account details present?

I think its worth putting some information together on this

Thanks

Rob Selby

Postby Rob Selby » 07 May 2014, 21:35

Hi

Yes there are many suppliers which are able to accept debit cards even if there is no account number on the card.

As long as the card has the drivers’ name on the card and the card has a 16 digit card number with embossed or raised numbers across the middle of card then this will be fine for use with many suppliers.

It is always worthwhile noting that some rental companies may not take the debit card – so we always advise that you speak to one of our team prior to booking to ensure that you are placed with the applicable rental provider. We can offer a wide range of debit card locations across the world including Europe, the USA, Australia and Africa. :)

I hope that this helps.

Cheers

Rob S

Rob Gillespie

Postby Rob Gillespie » 07 May 2014, 21:36

Thanks Rob, i think will make a great blog.

Rob Selby

Postby Rob Selby » 07 May 2014, 21:37

Good stuff – I look forward to reading it!

Matt Carter

Postby Matt Carter » 07 May 2014, 21:38

Rob interesting one here, all this stuff keeps us on our toes :-) you can to be fair understand why banks have started doing this I suppose it can only improve / increase security, which benefits all us, the main thing is that we are all aware and can inform car hiring customers accordingly.

Done some stuff on similar sort of things recently which can found on our blog / forum.

Thanks,

Matt.

Rob Gillespie

Postby Rob Gillespie » 07 May 2014, 21:39

Here is the link to the blog guys – http://indigocarhire.co.uk/blog/indigo- ... ebit-card/

Return to “Payment Methods”