Looking to move things overseas?

Taking a hire car from one country to another can sometimes be a complicated process. This is the place to ask any questions about cross border hires.

Moderator: BogdanO

Indigo Ann-Marie
Posts: 43
Joined: 09 May 2014, 12:27

Looking to move things overseas?

Postby Indigo Ann-Marie » 09 Jul 2014, 17:02

We seem to be having more and more inquiries from people looking to hire a van in the UK, and take it into another country.

We can do this for you, however you would need to bring the vehicle back to the UK, as you cannot pick the vehicle up in the UK, and return back to another country. You can do this with many vehicles, such as the smallest like a Fiat 500 or similar, a 9 seat vehicle up to a LWB van.

We have quite a few people looking to take Luton vans overseas due to moving house, however for insurance purposes we cannot allow this size of vehicle overseas, as if it were to breakdown, it can be pretty pricey to get it back to the UK, so it's very rare to find anyone who will do that.

We also tend to get quite a few inquiries for people looking to take people carriers and minibuses overseas. We can do this, but the largest would be a 9 seat vehicle. Again we can't allow anything larger to go over, due to insurance purposes and if the vehicle were to break down at all or develop a fault(Not that it happens very often of course!).

Return to “Cross Border Hires”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest