Editorial on upper age limits in the UK

This is the place to ask questions about if you are concerned that your age may be a problem when trying to hire a car.

Moderator: BogdanO

Matt Carter

Editorial on upper age limits in the UK

Postby Matt Carter » 07 May 2014, 03:41

Though this recent editorial might be of interest….
I´M 98 YEARS OLD, CAN I RENT A CAR? NO PROBLEM WITH INDIGO CAR HIRE.

Expats who have chosen to live in Spain for their retirement often return to the UK on a regular basis for various reasons. Shopping trips, visiting the family, and avoiding the long hot summer are some of them. Another is to spend Christmas with the family and especially the grandchildren.

As the years go on, a problem that many have faced in renting a car in the UK for their trip so that they can get around is the upper age limit that many car hire companies impose. Indigo Car Hire are pleased to say that they can offer good value car rental up to and including 98 years of age!! Even better, there is no extra charge.

Many car hire companies have an upper age limit of 75, and as people are living longer, healthier lives, especially out here in the sun, this can be very frustrating. At Indigo, they believe that drivers over 75 are often more reliable, have less accidents, and so are more than happy to have them as customers.

They also accept most debit cards, and they can offer free one-way hire. That means that you can rent your car from one airport as you land, and drop it off at another when you are ready to return to Spain. Therefore you can visit friends and family all over the UK

Christmas is an extremely busy time of year for car hire. Not only therefore is availability limited as the Festive season approaches due to sheer volume of demand, but as availability decreases, prices can soar.

Cherie Walker, Reservations Manager for Indigo Car Hire, tells us:

“Leaving the booking your car hire until the last minute can result in charges of up to 200 pounds for a small car for one week, or even being told that there is nothing available. I have worked in the car hire industry for over 9 years and the same applies every year- car hire at most major airports will be booked up by the end of November.”

She adds-

“To get the best deal, it is advisable to book as early as possible. Also, if customers contact us directly for a quote on 00 44 113 2899281, or email sales@indigocarhire.co.uk with their requirements we may be able to locate them even better prices than on the website at http://www.indigocarhire.co.uk. I would most certainly advise all our clients not to leave it to chance but rather to book their car hire as soon as they have booked their flights and know their dates and times. We deal with lots of suppliers and will make every effort to obtain the best price possible for all our customers. “

Imagine not being able to rent a car to get around while you are in the UK at Christmas! Contact Indigo Car Hire now for a no-obligation quote and excellent customer service.

Indigo offer UK, Spanish and Worldwide Car hire with no hidden extras and at competetive rates. Visit their website on http://www.indigocarhire.co.uk for an instant quote or ring 00 44 (0) 113 2899281 to speak to a real person. For email enquiries contact sales@indigocarhire.co.uk.

Matthew McCorry

Re: Editorial on upper age limits in the UK

Postby Matthew McCorry » 07 May 2014, 03:41

Hi Matt,

Great Christmas editorial, I know it’s a bit late but definitely worth posting!

Many customers get stuck particularly if they are over 75, and it unfortunate but there are a significant amount of companies that won’t hire to those considered senior drivers. Navigating through the forum I see a previous question as an example to this here. Given it’s not in the UK but the concept is still the same.

Very informative would be good to see more things like this!

Return to “Age Restrictions”