IRISH PASSENGER WANTING TO HIRE AT NICE AIRPORT

Questions about hiring a car in Europe

Moderator: BogdanO

Matthew McCorry

IRISH PASSENGER WANTING TO HIRE AT NICE AIRPORT

Postby Matthew McCorry » 08 May 2014, 01:21

Here is a great little question we got off a potential customer,

“I live in Ireland and am travelling to France with the children in July. We are flying into nice airport and was wondering can you assist me in hiring a car. I would need a seven seater and unfortunately I only have a visa debit card. I’m unsure if you only deal with uk residents but if not then I hope you can help. ”

Matt Carter

Re: IRISH PASSENGER WANTING TO HIRE AT NICE AIRPORT

Postby Matt Carter » 08 May 2014, 01:21

No worries with this one, whilst a little difficult to hire in France with a debit card it is not impossible, it makes no difference where the card was issued, however there are some things are per the below that are very important

- The numbers on the card are embossed / raised up / rough to touch / usually silver in color – the big no’s no’s are cards with flat numbers / cards that carry the phrase ‘for electronic use’

Always best to make contact with us so we can ensure that you are booked with the correct supplier in terms of the payment accepted and of course the best value :-)

Matthew McCorry

Postby Matthew McCorry » 08 May 2014, 01:22

Thanks for clearing that up.

Although this isn’t for myself, I actually personally have a Santander Visa Debit card but the numbers are flat and black although it does say VISA on the card with no sign of electronic use that I can see.

From a bit of research I see that this is often a problem with Santander cards in particular as some of their cards aren’t embossed yet are still considered Visa Debit cards.

My question is would these be accepted?

Matt Carter

Postby Matt Carter » 08 May 2014, 01:22

The answer is no on this I am afraid, those types of card do not go through the PDQ machines, the machines at / on the car rental desks, thankfully this is always identified when a customer enquirers, providing they tell the truth :-) if they did not they would be left stranded without a car upon arrival.

One thing people can be caught out with is that those cards card be used to pay for your car hire in advance, but cannot be used upon arrival for the deposit of the vehicle…. and Mat before you ask I am afraid cash deposit are not accepted I am afraid….

For further information people can view our page on payment options

Matthew McCorry

Postby Matthew McCorry » 08 May 2014, 01:23

Matthew Carter wrote:
and Mat before you ask I am afraid cash deposit are not accepted I am afraid….

Of course I know this Matt!

But for our customers purposes what are the deposits for hiring a car at Nice Airport?

Matthew McCorry

Postby Matthew McCorry » 08 May 2014, 01:24

Sorry Mat for the delayed replied.

Okay lowest deposit that you can get @ Nice is 400 Euro’s which is pretty good in comparison to most of them there, obviously easy enough if you have credit card not so much if you have a debit card especially as most people are hiring a car for their holidays and don’t want all there holiday funds tied up by a car rental company.

If people want to look at the lowest deposit option, they are for sure worth making contact with one of the team on : 0113 299281.

Return to “Europe”