Page 1 of 1


Posted: 08 May 2014, 00:56
by Matthew McCorry
“I’m coming from Australia and looking to hire a car for 2 weeks in feb. I am 26 years old, however I hold a provisional 2 license. I have held this for 2 years and am just shy of getting my full license, I also have an international drivers license. would I be able to hire a car?”

A question we got a while back now, but the main part of this I want to look at is the Provisional licence part. In Australia you have to spend slightly longer on a “P” licence compared to that of in the UK or elsewhere.

Due to this many people are confused at whether this counts as legitimate experience in the eyes of the hired industry, the answer unfortunately is no.

It needs to be 1 year (in most cases) from the point you get your FULL licence


Posted: 08 May 2014, 00:57
by Rob Gillespie
Great info Mat, this is something I have come across a lot.